Do you often need help to put your pillows in their cases properly? If so, it can be a hassle and become an annoying chore. Luckily, there’s a simple solution: envelope pillowcases! Envelope pillowcases are easy to use with regular and decorative pillows, making flipping them inside-out easier for washing than traditional cases.
Whether you’re new to using envelope pillowcases or just need a refresher, here’s how to use envelope pillow case. Just follow these simple steps.
In this blog post, we’ll explain how to measure and fit envelope pillowcases on your pillows and provide tips for keeping your cushions looking great no matter what type of case you choose. Keep reading if you want the easiest way to manage your cushion covers!
What Are the Benefits of Using Envelope Pillow Cases?
Envelope pillowcases have several advantages over traditional cases. These include:
• Easier Washing: As stated above, envelope pillowcases make washing and drying pillows much easier as they don’t have to be flipped inside out.
• Better Fit: Envelope pillowcases are designed to fit snugly around your pillows, which helps keep them in place.
• Versatility: These types of cases can easily accommodate different sizes and shapes of pillows, so you don’t need to worry about buying separate cases for each one.
What Will You Need?
Before you get started, make sure you have the following supplies on hand:
- Envelope pillowcase
- Measuring tape
- Pen or marker (optional)
Once you’ve gathered all your supplies, it’s time to start.
10 Easy Steps on How to Use Envelope Pillow Case
Step 1. Measure Pillow:
Measure the height and width of your pillow with a measuring tape. If you have a large pillow, it’s best to measure from corner to corner in both directions. This will ensure the most accurate measurement possible.
Step 2. Mark Measurements:
Once you’ve taken the measurements, mark each on the envelope pillowcase with a pen or marker. You can use the corner of the pillowcase as a reference point when marking. As a side note, if you have an envelope-style pillowcase with measurements written on the fabric, you can skip this step.
Step 3. Place Pillow in Case:
Gently place the pillow into the envelope pillowcase, taking care not to tear or stretch it. This will help ensure that your case fits securely later on. Also, always ensure the zipper is unzipped before placing your pillow inside. If it isn’t, the zipper might get stuck as you try to close it.
Step 4. Position Pillow:
Adjust the pillow until it is located properly inside the case, with all four corners evenly aligned and the edges of the case tucked under each side of the pillow. Be careful not to bend or crease the fabric as you adjust it. As a side note, if there is too much fabric on one end of the case, you can simply trim it off (but make sure not to cut too much).
Step 5. Check Measurements:
Once you’ve positioned your pillow correctly, check that your marked measurements match up to those of your pillow by comparing them against one another. It will help to have someone else around to double check. Additionally, make sure the sides of the case are evenly tucked around each side of your pillow.
Step 6. Secure Envelope Closure:
Secure the envelope closure if necessary by tucking in any loose ends and gently pulling on either side to ensure a snug fit. Ensuring the closure is secure is important, as this will help keep your pillow in place. Otherwise, the pillow might shift and slide around inside the case.
Step 7. Zip Up the Case:
Once everything is positioned correctly, you can zip up the case. Make sure to take it slow and not pull too hard, as this could cause the zipper to break or get stuck. If you have an old zipper that is prone to getting stuck, try applying a small drop of oil or WD-40 to it before zipping up the case.
Step 8. Fluff Pillow:
After your pillowcase is zipped up, fluff your pillow to ensure an even distribution of stuffing and an aesthetically pleasing look. Ensure the pillow is full and plump but not overly stuffed. Because overly stuffed pillows can be uncomfortable to sleep on.
Step 9. Place Pillows on Bed:
Finally, place your pillows back on the bed or other area where they are used to complete the task! Remember that it is always a good idea to shake your pillows before you put them in their cases. This will help ensure an even distribution of stuffing inside the pillow and help keep it looking its best for longer.
Step 10. Enjoy!:
Now that you know use envelope pillowcases, you can enjoy their many benefits, including easier washing and a better fit on your pillows. Plus, you can mix and match different styles of cases to create unique looks in any room. Remember, envelope pillowcases are a great way to keep your pillows looking their best without hassle. So, enjoy the ease and convenience that comes with using them!
By following these simple steps, you can easily use envelope pillowcases on all your pillows. Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy the comfort of using envelope pillowcases!
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
- If you use an envelope pillow case to travel with your pillows, ensure they are lightweight and portable. You don’t want to lug around heavy pillows if you can help it!
- Make sure that the envelope pillow case is made of durable material to withstand being thrown around during travel.
- Look for envelope pillow cases with secure closures like zippers or buttons so your pillows stay in place while traveling.
- When washing an envelope pillow case, use gentle detergent and cool water to preserve the material’s integrity and lengthen its lifespan.
- If you need more space when storing your pillows in the envelope pillow case, you can always roll them up! This will make the most of your space and keep your pillows snug.
These tips and tricks make using an envelope pillow case easier and more convenient. With these helpful ideas, you can travel effortlessly with all of your pillows securely in one place.
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Do not use an envelope pillow case with sharp objects such as keys, pins, or other metal items as this could tear the fabric and make it unusable.
- Avoid using harsh detergents when washing your envelope pillow case, as they can discolor and damage the material.
- Never try to stuff too many pillows into one envelope pillow case; this can damage the fabric and make it harder to close.
- Avoid placing your envelope pillow case in direct sunlight or near a heat source, as this could cause fading and shrinkage of the material.
- Remember to regularly clean your envelope pillow cases since dirt, dust, and other particles can accumulate over time.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you’ll be able to keep your envelope pillow cases looking great for longer! With the tips and tricks listed above, you should have no problem using an envelope pillow case for all of your needs.
How Do You Make an Envelope Pillow Case for a Bed?
- Measure the length and width of your bed pillow to determine how large you need your envelope pillow case to be.
- Cut two pieces of fabric with the measurements you took in step one, plus an extra two inches on each side for seam allowance.
- Place the right sides of the fabric together, then sew a straight stitch along both sides and across the bottom edge, leaving about a quarter inch allowance for each seam. Then turn it so that the right side is out again.
- To finish off your envelope pillow case, sew around all four edges using a zigzag or overlock stitch to keep everything secure and prevent fraying.
- Finally, hem the top edge of your envelope pillow case to give it a finished look.
With these simple steps, you should be able to easily make an envelope pillow case for any size bed pillow in no time! You can also choose from different fabric types and patterns to customize the style of your new envelope pillow case even further.
By learning how to use envelope pillow case, you can freshen up your bedroom style without splurging on a new set of pillows and linens. They are inexpensive and simple to make, but these stylish cases look great in any decor.
With the wide variety of fabrics and colors available, you can easily find the perfect pillowcase to match any design scheme while adding visual interest. You’ll also love the cozy extra layer that these unique pillowcases bring.
Whether you opt for a minimalist look with plain white cases or go all-out with bright prints and patterns, envelopes pillow cases are an easy way to spruce up your space.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to use an envelope pillow case and the tips and tricks to make them last longer. With these guidelines, you can get the most out of your envelope pillow cases and enjoy their comfortable cushions for years.